Not so surprisingly, my favorite menswear designer is Hedi Slimane, especially while he was at Dior Homme (Why do you think my boyfriend has Dior Homme cologne? Huh? Huh?), especially his S/S 06 collection, which was basically a cohabitation of sorts with Slimane and Doherty feeding off of each other.
I mean, look at this great menswear. Nothing I love more than skinny suits, skinny ties, and skinny teenagers who chainsmoke and look like Parisian waifs.


And the final look for S/S 06 is basically The Libertines guard jacket from the good-old days of my favorite band ever.


Furthermore, my fondest memories of my time in France come from, in my first flushes of Pete-love, finding my now-favorite publication, Vogue Hommes Internationale with mon amant on it.

You're lucky I didn't upload the entire spread. Because I suppose not everyone wants to see near-full frontal nudity.
And, okay, yes he dated Kate Moss, and yes he's addicted to drugs. But oh, he's so much more than that. He has the fashion instincts of a man ten times as sober. And his music is great. And did you know he got a full ride poetry scholarship to Cambridge? Also, I own his books of journals, and they have good stuff in them.
Basically, he signifies my fetishization with self-destruction, disappointment in life, and talent squandered.
It is indeed, a Time for Heroes.
Now, Pete, play us out.

:) How much time do you spend on these posts? You are such a blogger! I don't even know what to say! satt ni ute idag? Imponerande Och jag som nästan frös tårna av mig i pulkbacken… och då rörde jag på mig! da matteo, viktoriapassagen. håller fortfarande på att tina upp! tack för idag :) ni var bättre förberedda för ett liv utomhus. nästa gång kommer jag iklädd björn/bäver-dräkt!
ReplyDeleteBut still, I must say, I also love Pete Doherty. Although, I've hardly given him enough time. hrmm, better change that. And Hedi fucking Slimane = <3
Apparently, my brain just overflows with useless opinions about things.
ReplyDeleteThat said, I've been in love with Pete for years now. Ditto Hedi Slimane.
I usually spend maybe 15-20 minutes on one this length. Also, for some unknown/stupid reason, I like looking through style.com's fashion shows from various year.
Also my interest in men's wear/Vogue Hommes might not be entirely chaste in nature. :3
Also, wish I spoke Swedish (or whatevah) right now. I am stuck with shitty ol' French, and a year of spanish and of german. :<