Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year New Blog.

I've been wanting to start a blog in the last few weeks as a place to put my thoughts and photos. There is no specific goal; I am hoping things will develop organically and I can set a kind of tone.


I thought I'd start out with a few pics from New Year's Eve last night, that my friend and coworker Graham (http://inthemorningtime.blogspot.com/) took of me. I wore my new amazing mustard Rodarte for Target dress, which is quite lovely in my opinion, and we hit the town. Also, Graham earns honorary good friend points for being one of the many friends of mine who do photography, and yet the only one who has actually taken pictures of me. (Other friends, consider yourself on notice).






Tonight my boyfriend and I also watched Auntie Mame, starring Rosalind Russell (1958). It was an adorable little film; not particularly profound, but extremely fun. Costumes were amazing. It definitely put you in camp bohemian even if posh pseudo-artists are nearly as bad as petit-bourgeouse conspicuously consuming luddites.

This is what I want to wear as nightwear:


Why yes, I DO want that cigarette holder. More than life itself, you say? Quite possibly.







Yogi Mame:





I suppose this an adequate first post. I was going to write some New Year's resolutions today, but then I realized that I'm too hung over to make life-altering choices and the resolutions would not be held to until tomorrow anyways, so I should at least approach it with a clear head and the embarrassment of my own unnecessary excesses more than a few hours behind me. Expect them from me tomorrow, however, and expect me to attempt to stick to them. Or at least have the shaming experience of falling off the wagon in the public arena of blog-writing.

2 comments:

  1. I fucking love Auntie Mame, it reminds me so much of my childhood. haha
    And, she worked holidays at Macy's too.
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the seasonal Macy's work really hit home for me.


    Though totally JEALOUS because she was completely incompetent at a shit job and because of it, she married some oil tycoon, whereas we are GOOD at our crappy jobs and no one even notices us. :3

    ReplyDelete