What am I wearing, you ask? Well, the blouse is from H&M, skirt from Wet Seal (I know, I know), jacket from Urban Outfitters (don't recall the brand on it), black tights, black knee socks, pumps from Charlotte Russe and hair bow from Claire's (once again, I know, I KNOW). And yes, I am a bow-aholic. Someone should stop me.


Then we got dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Plum, which is this great vegan bistro. LOVED it, and ate Caesar salad for the first time in years, because I am, on a daily basis, vegetarian, and, fun fact: almost all Caesar salad dressing contains anchovies! I forgot how much I'd missed it. Dylan's Thai Tempah was equally amazing, and we needed a meal out. It'd been too long.
Then we went to Awajimaya, the asian grocery/superstore in Chinatown, just because I was kinda rocking the gothic lolita thing, and also because we needed some tapioca. You know, because we eat tapioca pudding all the time. (Loyal reader: "But I thought you said you were on a die-" Me: "SHHHHHHH!!!)
Of course, I found tons of cute shit as well, as shown below.

Mamegoma is probably my favorite asian character. They are small seals that come in fun colors and do the cutest darned things!!! So I got a notepad of them, two pencils, and this kickass stamp set. What will I be using these for, you say? . . . *crickets chirping* . . . .moving on.
Then, there was this amazing fashion magazine. The cover is all manga because they talked about one of the first "girl-comic" writers, who was around in the 60s. Super kawaii. And also, amazing editorials. Notables include: "Orgasmic Indulgences" (yes, there IS a girl touching herself), total flapper era debauchery, in lingerie (including Agent Provocateur, my fav), and an entire editorial featuring make-up. No models. Nothing else. Can your mind even go there? Plus, a bunch more. There are also quite possibly some of the stupidest articles I've ever read. For example, one about "which celebrities are happy and which are unhappy". Apparently Scarlett Johanssen is because she has big tits, and Kate Moss isn't, because Pete Doherty is no longer with her (or at least that's what I assume. I didn't actually read that far, but that's why I'D be unhappy). Another article matched lipsticks to famous composers. In as few a syllable as possible, ahem- WTF?! And I mean that in the best possible way.
Then, we decided we were tired of paying $3 for three bags of popcorn, and were finally going to get one of those nifty popcorn poppers that will air pop it in the microwave with no gross fake butter flavor or excess salt. So we drove all the way to U Village to Mrs. Cooks, who were closed. DAMN YOU MRS. COOKS!!! So we looked around Barnes and Noble for awhile, because we were already there. And we found this awesome photo book of Richard Avedon portraits. Just great. One of the best things about being famous must be having great pics of yourself by amazing professionals at every stage of your life. Anyways, we wanted it, but of course, like all neat coffee table books, it was out of our impoverished price range.
Then we went to the Co-op and got some eggs, millet, and a few other sundries, and came home.
Then I did the dishes, and wrote this. That is all.
But for me, that's a damn exciting day.

No comments:
Post a Comment